[With respect to Consumer Information (as defined below) this Policy applies to Red Roof franchisees and others that manage, operate, franchise, license, own and/or provide services under the Red Roof Brand.]
1. The Types of Personal Information We Collect And What We Do With It
As a hotel operator, it is necessary for Red Roof to collect and store Personal Information in connection with the delivery of lodging and related services. Although we endeavor to collect only that information which is relevant, we also must comply with many laws that require hotel operators to collect and retain Personal Information.
- Information You Provide Directly: When Consumers, Business Partners and Team Members contact us directly through our call center or website, enroll in one of our programs such as our franchise partner or RediCard Loyalty program, or submit an application or other form, they may be asked to provide Personal Information such as name, email address and payment information like a credit or debit card number. We will use this information to respond to requests, manage our relationship with you, and /or communicate about our programs and our promotions.
- Technology and Device Information: We may automatically collect information from when you use technology including IP address, mobile device ID, and similar device identifiers, and information about how you use these services. We use this information for a variety of purposes, including to provide wireless services to guests and enhancing or otherwise improving our website.
- Applicant and Team Member Information: If you apply to be a Red Roof affiliate or Franchise Partner or apply for a job, Red Roof or its Third-Party-service provider may ask you to provide self-identifying information (such as gender, and ethnicity and other background information). Red Roof or its Third-Party-service provider may use this information to determine your partnership or employment eligibility and share this information with government or regulatory agencies to fulfill reporting requirements or defend against related litigation and complaints.
- Supplemental Information from Third-Parties: We may collect information about Consumers, Business Partners and Team Members from Third-Party sources to provide the services you request or to supplement information we received.
- Promotional Analytics and Similar Advertising Information. Red Roof works with network advertisers, ad agencies, social media services, analytics service providers, and other vendors to advertise our services and provide us with information regarding the effectiveness of our advertisements. These service providers may set and access their own tracking technologies (including cookies and local storage) and may otherwise collect or have access to information about you which we may use to: target advertisements, prevent you from seeing the same advertisements too many times, and conduct research regarding the usefulness of certain advertisements to you. We may share usage information about visitors with third-party advertising and social media companies, analytics providers, and other vendors for similar purposes.
2. What We Share With Others
We use a limited number of Third-Parties to help us respond to your requests and provide services such as processing payments, monitoring online activity at redroof.com (“Website”), communicating with you about your stay, conducting customer satisfaction surveys; maintaining our database, taking and processing employment and business partner applications, taking and processing orders and reservations, administering emails, and administering drawings or contests. Third-Parties also provide us with aggregate and comparative information on the performance of our Website.
Other than as described below, we will not sell, trade or rent Personal Information to non-affiliates of Red Roof.
- We may share your Personal Information with Third-Parties to offer goods and services or ask you to sign up for promotions, our affiliate or loyalty program or other programs that we believe may be of interest you. Our partners may also contact you to inquire about your experience as a guest in one of our hotels and the prospect of future stays or improvements needed to attract additional business. We and our partners may also create and use aggregate information that is not personally identifiable to understand more about the common traits and interests of our Customers and Business Partners. We will ask your permission to use your location to provide accurate maps or other information on your mobile device.
- We may utilize one or more third-party service providers to send email or other communications to you on our behalf, including guest satisfaction surveys. These service providers are prohibited from sharing or using your email address or other contact information for any purpose other than to send communications on our behalf.
- If you make a purchase on our Website, create or modify an account (including a credit card account) or sign up for our rewards program, your name, mailing address, phone number or purchase information may be made available to our co-brand partners who may provide you with information about their products or services or the products and services of their affiliates.
- In the event Red Roof goes through a business transition (such as a merger, acquisition by another company, bankruptcy or sale of all or a portion of its assets, including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process), your Personal Information will likely be among the assets transferred. By providing your Personal Information, you agree that we may transfer such information to the acquiring entity without your further consent.
3. Communications of Special Offers and Promotions and Opting-Out
Email Promotions and Offers: It is our intention to send communications to you that would be useful and that you want to receive. When you provide us with your email address or mobile telephone number as part of the reservation or check-in process, you may receive informational and promotional communication. In addition, customers and visitors to our website and mobile services are given the opportunity to “opt-in” to receive promotional communications from us or to join other programs that enhance the points you earn when you stay with us.
Updating Your Preferences: You are responsible for maintaining and updating, your account registration data with current, accurate, and complete information, including your preferences. You may view, update, delete, and/or edit the registration data you have provided to Red Roof by logging in to your account and going to “My Profile” section, and following the appropriate instructions. Each time you receive a promotion, you will be provided the choice to “opt-out” of future promotions by following the instructions provided or you can “opt-out” at any time by clicking the following link https://www.redroof.com/profile and following the instruction provided there. You may also contact customer service or Unsubscribe via email.
“Do Not Track”. Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
1. Measure usage of various pages on our Website to help us make our information more pertinent to your needs and easy for you to access; and
2. Provide functionality such as online reservations and mapping functionality that we believe would be of interest and value to you.
5. Rights of Access, Rectification, Erasure and Restriction
Although Red Roof makes good faith efforts to provide Individuals with access to their Personal Information, there may be circumstances in which Red Roof is unable to provide access, including but not limited to: where the information contains legal privilege, would compromise others’ privacy or other legitimate rights, where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the Individual’s privacy in the case in question or where it is commercially proprietary. If Red Roof determines that access should be restricted in any particular instance, we will provide you with an explanation of why that determination has been made and a contact point for any further inquiries. To protect your privacy, Red Roof will take commercially reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to or making any changes to your Personal Information.
6. Protection of Personal Information by Red Roof Inns
The security of Personal Information is very important to us and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. We collect Personal Information only in a manner deemed reasonably necessary to serve our legitimate business purposes and comply with our legal obligations. We use commercially reasonable efforts to make our collection of Personal Information consistent with all applicable laws and regulations. We exercise care in providing secure transmission and storage of information.
Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage is 100% secure. We cannot warrant that all data we transmit, store and collect will be completely secure. We use commercially reasonable efforts to create and maintain firewalls, restricted access and secure socket layers and other appropriate safeguards to ensure that, to the extent we control Personal Information, it is used only as authorized by us and consistent with this Policy and that Personal Information is not improperly altered or destroyed. Our privacy protection practices help us maintain accurate, timely, complete and relevant information for our business purposes. Our communication systems, software and database practices have been designed to aid us in supporting authenticity, integrity and confidentiality.
7. Compliance with Law
We may disclose Personal Information to law enforcement agencies, or may be required to disclose it during the discovery process in litigation, pursuant to a court order or in compliance with any applicable law, regulation, rule or ordinance.
Information Regarding Children. Due to the nature of Red Roof’s business, services and benefits are not marketed to minors. Red Roof does not knowingly solicit or collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 (and in certain jurisdictions under the age of 16). If we learn that we have collected Personal Information directly from a child under the age of 13 (and in certain jurisdictions under the age of 16), we will promptly delete that information. If you are under the age of 13 (and in certain jurisdictions under the age of 16), please do not submit any Personal Information to Red Roof. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child under the age of 13 (and in certain jurisdictions under the age of 16), has directly provided us with Personal Information without his or her consent, he or she should contact us at [email protected] and we will delete such information from our files.
If you are a California resident and you have questions about our practices with respect to sharing information with Third-Parties for their direct marketing purposes and your ability to exercise choice, please send your request by email to [email protected] You must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject field of your email. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per person each year.
- Personal Information About Individuals Residing Outside of the United States and Consent to Transfer. Red Roof Hotels the Red Roof Website and all of our hotels are based on the United States. All Personal Information sent or collected via or by Red Roof may be stored in the U.S. or anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, in the United States, in the cloud, our servers, the servers of our affiliates or the servers of our service providers. Your Personal Information may be accessible to law enforcement or other authorities pursuant to a lawful request. By providing information to Red Roof, you consent to the storage of your Personal Information in these locations.
Some of our locations are operated by independent franchisees that are neither owned nor controlled by Red Roof and which license Red Roof’s brand and proprietary systems. When you submit Personal Information to a Red Roof franchisee via a Red Roof system or service to make a reservation or you provide information to the franchisee in connection with the services that the franchisee provides to you, then Red Roof will be in receipt of that Personal Information and will use your Personal Information in accordance with this Policy. In addition Red Roof requires franchisees to comply with this Policy when using our systems and services. That said, franchisees are independent businesses, and consequently Red Roof is not responsible for, and does not make any representations, about the information collection and usage practices of the franchisees when they collect your information, including Personal Information, independent of their relationship with Red Roof and their usage of Red Roof’s systems and services.
9. Questions or Comments
Any questions or comments that relate to the Red Roof Privacy Protection Policy may be directed to us at Red Roof – Privacy, 2071 N. Bechtle Ave., PMB 226, Springfield, OH 45504-9979 and [email protected].
10. Copyright and Trademark Notices
All contents of this Website are protected by United States and International Copyright and Trademark law. Any unauthorized use is strictly prohibited and may subject a violator to civil and criminal penalties. All rights reserved.
11. Privacy Protection Policy Changes
In the future, we may need to change this Policy. All changes will be included on this Website so that you will always know what information we gather, how we might use that information and whether we will disclose it to anyone. This Policy was last updated on May 23, 2018.